Dr. BB-Tiu Clinic's Pelvic UTZ, Baby Gender and OBGYN Appointment During ECQ

thenewcebuanamama


Disclaimer: I already posted a separate blog article about this, you may check it out here: FINALLY 5TH DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENT

On May 21st, amid the enhanced community quarantine here in Cebu, the very first ECQ implemented, I was able to get out after almost three months of being stuck at home for a Pelvic ultrasound and an appointment with my OBGYN.

I was excited to get out, I brought my washable mask which was not very comfortable, I was having a hard time breathing while wearing it and it was very hot outside. I was sweating all over.

Anyway, we got out of the house and went straight ahead to Dr. BB-Tiu Clinic along J. Alcantara St. in Cebu City, it's just nearby Southwestern University but we have never been to that clinic before so we still required the help of Google Maps.

I already contacted the clinic a few days before and this type of ultrasound doesn't require an appointment. I arrived at quarter to ten and found so many clients inside. The clinic had required that the partners or accompanying members stay on the second floor where they have their cafe. While inside the clinic, there was social distancing. Upon entering, each will be scanned for their temperature and will be given sanitizers too, and will be asked what their appointments are for.

There were no specific signs about the steps but the receptionist gave me a priority number and said they will call the number accordingly. It took more than an hour for my number to be called. There was a movie playing but it was a boring one so I decided to turn on my data and just go on social media.

When my name was called, I was asked to fill out the info required, pay for Php 650, and return it to the receptionist table. Then I will have to wait again for my name to be called. It was a long wait. At twelve noon, I asked if I could go out for lunch which they agreed, their doctors will also have to take their lunch so I guess it will take some more time.

By the time I came back to the clinic after lunch, I still had to wait for a while. It was around one in the afternoon when my name was called and I was asked to pee first.

The Sonologist who performed the ultrasound was so accommodating, I, on the other hand, can't really see clearly the images shown in the monitor. It took her a few scanning and said my baby's gender. The printing took only a few minutes and I was done.

We headed to CUPSI then for my OBGYN appointment. I still had to wait for a while as my OB was not yet around as well. The building security again won't allow any accompanying person to go with the patient so I was alone and there were only two other clients waiting for the same OB. The place was very quiet unlike before. Social distancing was observed and everyone was wearing their masks.

Dr. Honey, my OBGYN checked my ultrasound report and told me my baby is heavy at 2 kgs when it should have a weight of around 1kg-1.75kg. She then told me to stop taking milk and instead, prescribed some calcium supplements. I had my vaccine done too on that day.

James patiently waited outside until I was done, we headed to Watsons after and bought the prescribed supplements and some other supplies. We were back home at around 4:30 in the afternoon. It was a whole day activity! Thank God we got home safe and sound.

Watch my video log below to know more about how this day went:


Fees paid:
  • Pelvic Ultrasound - Php 650
  • OB checkup - Php 300
  • Vaccine - Php 1300

Comments

Popular Posts