Cancelled Gender Reveal Due to COVID-19


It is just amazing to be pregnant at this time when the world is in chaos due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I am 22 weeks pregnant and my prenatal visit to my OBG was last Friday, March 20th. But because Cebu City was on a community quarantine, my husband and I decided not to proceed with the visit and just delay it for another week.

Today, we are really sad that we might not be able to do the prenatal this week due to the enhanced community quarantine, only one of the household can get out for a reason of getting food or medicine.

Although I am not too scared to go out, James, on the other hand, don't want to take the risk and expose me outside. Most especially today, we planned to go to the groceries to buy our supplies but when we went to the grocery store, there was a very long line and it looks like everyone is planning to get their supplies today before the enhanced community quarantine starts. So we ended up not pursuing the grocery buying.

I called my OB's assistant as well to check if we could get an appointment with the doctor but she said my OB won't be available today.

I also want to have my pelvic ultrasound but because of the risk, we had also postponed this. While there were some advisories that prenatal should not be delayed, I am now one week delayed of the appointment and I have not also taken my pelvic ultrasound which includes the gender of the baby.

My gender reveal has been canceled as well due to this as my colleagues are now all working from home and my ultrasound has been delayed too.

What's funny is that James is telling me to just skip the gender reveal and let our baby surprise us during the day of labor. I like the idea but I have reservations because I need to prepare for the baby stuff and his or her corner in the house.

What do you think? Should we skip the pelvic ultrasound? I guess there's a deeper reason why we need to undergo this as it is also included in the OB's request upon our next visit.

I wonder how the other pregnant women are feeling right now especially during the outbreak of the virus.

Comments

Popular Posts