Worried Pregnant for NCov!

The social media is flocked with several posts and videos regarding the novel corona virus that is now a pandemic.

A pandemic is a disease epidemic that has spread across a large region, for instance multiple continents, or worldwide.
At first, I was not worried at all because the news show this virus is only being spread from outside of our country but when the news broke about the Philippines having confirmed cases and now is significantly increasing, I can't help but pray.

I know it is not impossible for it to reach our shores in Cebu City especially that this is a center for traide and industry in the Visayas. So I somehow become worried, what if my husband who is going out to his office daily might get the virus considering that he is also dealing with people who had recently traveled abroad?

What if my parents and siblings might get infected? It is an unending question that is going around my mind. What if I might get infected, what might happen to my baby?

Currently, I am 20 weeks pregnant and it is just a little alarming learning that people outside are already panicking over buying food, sanitizing materials and all due to this virus. It made me think of the Book of Revelation. Is Jesus coming back now?

People are scared, people are all preparing and all are trying their best to keep themselves away from this virus. I wonder if they had also prepared for their souls? This time is indeed a good timing to be sending over the love and hope of Jesus Christ.

I personally have my own cares and fears but remembering my God, my savior who is sovereign and gracious makes me hopeful. But this also means I am not careless. I will do my very best not to be a healthy pregnant. I think my vitamins, I eat my vegetables and fruits and make sure to keep myself clean and sanitize everyday.

So with this pandemic, most gatherings, church events and activities have been cancelled. I am glad that my husband's company has allowed their employees to start working from home, the computers can be brought home too! So starting on Monday, we will both be working from home. This means, we will have more time together and I just found an illustration from @RealLifeReg on some ideas on what to do during this pandemic:









All illustrations by Reg Silva

Stay safe and be cautious always. Keep yourself healthy and trust God's sovereign grace.
Isaiah 46:10 “Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure.”

Comments

Popular Posts