Don't Cut the Umbilical Cord That Early!



I learned something today which I have to take note of so I am making a blog about it. I know of many birthing stories of umbilical cords being cut right after getting out of the womb. If I have not bumped into this post on social media, then I might have allowed the doctors to cut it immediately but thanks to Shari Criso RN, CNM, IBCLC for her post which was shared in a group that I was in.

Here's the info posted:




Reading on the comments, this is something that other moms are also doing. I am now adding this on my birth plan and make sure that my baby's umbilical will not be cut right away after giving birth.

The terms used maybe alien words to my ears but I understand that they are true as many moms are requesting it.

How about you? Did you get your baby's lifeline cut right after giving birth? Let me know your thoughts on this and your experiences.

Comments

Popular Posts