Online Gender Reveal Via Zoom!


This current pandemic situation has caused everyone to stay at home and avoid any social gathering which in return prohibits us to do certain activities that were "normal" before. Indeed, what we used to do before is not anymore possible, our new normal today is all done via the web.

Before the quarantine, my colleagues had planned to set up a gender reveal event for me and my husband. It was planned when my tummy was still at four months. Then on February, when I was about to go for an ultrasound and learn the baby's gender, the ECQ was announced.

Fast forward almost three months after, I was able to get out, get my ultrasound and learned my baby's gender but decided not to tell my husband about it so I can set up an online baby gender reveal for him and my friends as well as family members.

I was glad someone from our neighborhood bakes cakes so I ordered a chocolate cake and requested that she put in some colored filling according to the baby's gender. It costs Php 650 and I was glad she was able to cater it within the same day. I ordered at nine in the morning and she was able to deliver at six in the evening. The online gender reveal was at eight in the evening during my YouTube livestream as well which started an hour earlier.

Zoom has been our friend. I invited some close friends, colleagues, family and small group members. Most of them were busy but some were able to get in touch and witnessed this moment. I made a video of the gender reveal and I thought of sharing it with you.

But first, will you be able to guess our baby's gender from my photo above?


Back story: My husband and I had been married for five years. We celebrated our fifth anniversary last February 24 this year. I was pregnant in 2017 but lost it due to abdominal ectopic pregnancy (read the store here). I was already 32 and I prayed that God would reveal to me if I would become a mom or not as age matters a lot in pregnancy and birthing. God is faithful, He gave me a dream where I was pregnant with twins. When I learned that I was pregnant on December 2019 after getting home from our South Korea trip, I was too excited to share the joy of being pregnant that I forgot to film it. 

During the ultrasound, I found out that it was a single fetus so I wondered why the dream was twins. Three months later, my brother and sister in law who had been married for more than ten years found out they are also pregnant! Praise God for His unending grace and blessing to our family!

Comments

Popular Posts