Enrolling for Virtual Birth, and Newborn Care Classes!

Image source: Growing Baby Classes


As a first time mom, I have a lot of cares these days as I enter my 29th week of pregnancy. I have no item for my hospital bag yet, I have no family members around except for my husband and I am afraid that I might deliver my baby with just the two of us who are first time parents and with no support from my mom due to COVID and the current ECQ. It's quite scary thinking about it but I don't want to get that thought and feeling rule over me, I know God will sustain us.

But, of course, I have to educate myself with things to prepare specially during labor and the aftercare so I can provide for my baby. Before all the quarantine had happened, I already had planned to attend a birthing class with Growing Baby Classes which was referred by a church mate.

However, because of the quarantine, they cancelled their classes and just recently, they messaged me about their first online classes which will happen on the 30th of May.

It's about two weeks from now and I believe it is the best option right now as the quarantine is not ending anytime soon yet. The registration fee is at Php 2,600 and topics include: 

  • PREGNANCY MUST KNOWS with Midwife and Glory Reborn Founder, Hilary Overton
  • NEWBORN CARE BASICS & BREASTFEEDING with Pediatrician, Lactation Consultant & Milk Making Mommies Founder, Dr Marini Tabon Esguerra
  • BABY WEARING & CLOTH DIAPERING with Cebu Mommy/ Women Support Group Lyca, Giselle & Sheena.

Dr. Marini Tabon Esguerra is the founder of MMM or Milk Making Mommies, a Facebook page which supports mommies who are breastfeeding advocates. I am part of the page and I have learned a lot about breastfeeding and a lot more. She posts videos about breastfeeding and I thought she sounds and looks very approachable and accommodating which sold me out.

Anyway, I will update this blog after the said class and will see what we will learn which I hope I can share with you as well.

Take care mommies!

Comments

Popular Posts