26 Weeks and No Hospital Bag Yet!


As a first time mom during the COVID19 peak, it is indeed a worrying thing to be stuck at home, no mom to be there for those mom-topics though I can message her when I felt something, it is totally different when there’s physical interaction and conversation. My husband, though he is very supportive, is definitely not able to also give me advises that I very much needed.

In the past six months that I had been pregnant, I don’t know if I am doing it all correctly. I had made my research on the things to prepare, the things that I needed to know before my baby arrives and what are the things to consider such as the hospital, the baby and mommy stuffs that I have to bring to the clinic when that day arrives and a lot more.

But due to the current situation, I am very much struggling on where to even start. My last OBGYN visit was last February. It’s mean two months, I had not had my pelvic ultrasound and my OB said it is more risky if I would go out and force to have my ultrasound. I believe her so its been two months that I am stuck at home and though I can go out in the neighborhood to walk, it is still different to be able to interact with friends.

My only sole comfort is to find videos online about other moms who consoles and says I should not worry too much about anything and the Bible of course which reminds me that God is good and He will get me through this.

I have not prepared anything yet for my baby, no baby clothes, no maternity stuffs, nothing at all. I am just preparing the list once this quarantine period ends on May 15 or May 30, whichever date is announced by the city mayor.

Emotions are indeed high during pregnancy, just a single offensive word would feel like the world is already attacking me. I recall my husband telling me something and I cried and he said he has no idea why I cried but in me, I thought he was being mean and unloving.

But I find it comforting to know that my baby kicks well and hard at 26 weeks. I felt him or her to be heavier now, yes, I am not yet sure of the gender but I know soon, I will. Perhaps the only thing that I am consistently able to do right now is update my pregnancy journal.

I am glad I could document what has been happening every single week of my pregnancy and at this point, all I could really do is pray that everything may come to pass and that God would take me through this victoriously.

Comments

Popular Posts