Update on My Pregnancy Journal


Staying at home can be a little depressing for others but for a work from home wife like me, I had been used to being inside the four corners of our condo unit. I have certain to-do list in a day and keeping a journal helps me a lot in making sure I get to deal with the list.

When I learned I was pregnant, I immediately know that I have to document my pregnancy. I wasn't able to document it by photos but through writing. I keep my entries per week as daily jotting would be too much.

As of this writing, I am already 23 weeks pregnant and the enhanced quarantine in Cebu City has kept me from going outside the property. But I am still grateful that my husband is with me 24/7 and it is more than enough.

My pregnancy journal mostly contains the things that had changed from last week to the current week, what activities I did, what new stuff I do and the baby's movement. I write it in a Diary style but I also leave certain areas where I can put in photos in case I have one. Some have certain notes and memorable stuff that I can place in it like a copy of the baby's ultrasound.

I still have not yet taken a pelvic ultrasound because of the quarantine but I am hopeful that it will happen soon. My baby is now kicking and moving quite often and its such a joy to see my belly moving. I always get to wake up earlier than usual so I could get sunlight outside our room.

I also notice that I am becoming more emotional lately. I was having my prayer time a few days ago and I began to cry and I usually do not cry during prayer time but this time, I felt like I was a little depressed and I am not sure why. I have to wash my face and think why was I crying in the first place?

It happened three times this week and I am very sensitive to my husband's reactions and choice of words. I guess it is just really the pregnancy hormones. I made sure to add that on my pregnancy journal too!

It is nice to read through each week's progress and I hope to be able to read the journal as my baby arrives and when he or she can fully understand.

Comments

Popular Posts