What's My Labor Focal Point?



This month's journal focused on my last month as being pregnant - MY BODY IS DESIGNED TO GIVE BIRTH.

When you were pregnant and about to give birth, did you also have your own personal focal point? During a growing baby class which I joined on May, the participants were given certain quotes that we could choose as our own focal points during labor contraction.

The focal point was intended for us to have something to remind ourselves while labor and contraction is happening. This will not just encourage us but also would strengthen. As for me, I decided to take this quote.

A woman's body though not all is designed to give birth. What I love about this quote is the fact that it mentioned designed which means there's a presence of a designer, and as a believer, I know God had designed my body in such a way. I have to believe that God allowed me to be pregnant again because this is my calling in life, to become a mother and giving birth is part of that process.

Giving birth is also not a simple event in a life of a woman, it is something that would change us. Our world will never be the same. Even in this phase where our new normal is to be stuck at home, I definitely believe that there's a purpose why things that is happening is happening. There's a reason and I can't wait to see the glory of God being manifested soon. I believe this had happened for His own glory and I have to be patient for God's revelation.

So, July is the month that I am giving birth to my first child. Everyday, I am preparing myself for those contraction pain but also reminding myself that I am capable, my body is designed for this and I have to be strong, this will pass and it is a glorious time when I finally could hold my baby in my arms and hear his tiny cries. I might cry but I do hope I will cry at the end of the labor instead.

How about you? What was your labor focal point?

Comments

Popular Posts