Embryo with Moderate Subchorionic Hemorrhage at First Checkup

Being pregnant again after two years after losing one is sometimes a little scary. I was told by the OB who operated me before that the Ectopic Pregnancy may occur again, there's no certainty that I will be spared of it. So, I was advised that if I found myself delayed for at least two weeks, make sure to visit my OB.

On December 4, 2019 at 8:00AM, I took my pregnancy test kit (I always keep one available at home, just in case), I did the test and immediately, like almost just a second, the two red lines showed up. I can't believe it! I am pregnant again! I was happy, excited and scared again! My husband and I were in South Korea a day ago for a vacation and now, we are facing a new adventure!



The same week, I went for my very first checkup at Cebu Puericulture Center & Maternity House in B. Rodriguez St, Cebu City, Cebu. My husband's cousin referred us to her OB, Dr. Honey Cordovez. Our scheduled time was at two in the afternoon, it was still 1:30PM when we arrived and the doctor was not yet around, said she was having her lunch as per the assistant.

It took us a good two hours of waiting before the doctor arrived, we almost gave up waiting but since she arrived before we head out, so we were able to proceed with the checkup.

Meeting the OB

Dr. Cordovez' office is located at the second floor, room 19. My weight and blood pressure was taken during our first meeting. I learned that Issa (my husband's cousin who referred us to her) was one of her students and she also was her doctor when Issa gave birth just last year.

I told her about my past case and she gave me a prescription to take Folic Acid but also to get my first TVS (transvaginal sonography or transvaginal ultrasound). So we could check how's the baby going from inside.

TVS Procedure

As I had an Ectopic Pregnancy case before, going into a TVS procedure was for me, scary. Why? Because two years ago, each time the OB or any physician would attempt to do a TVS or IE (Internal Examination), it hurt badly and so I was really praying while on my way to the room for the procedure.

If you are not aware what TVS procedure is, the sonographer will have the ultrasound wand with a condom and lubricating gel, and then inserts it into your vagina. It is important to pee first before the procedure. There's a monitor for the mother and the sonographer so you both can see how the baby is going.

Praise God, everything was good during the procedure. The results showed the embryo had a fetal heart rate of 114 beats per minute, my cervix was long and closed. According to the sonographer, the heart rate was still low but it is already within the normal rate.

However, there was a moderate subchorionic hemorrhage seen surrounding the entire gestational sac. This made me a little worried but my doctor prescribed I take Duphaston to keep the baby safe for 14 days until our second checkup.

TVS Fee: Php 800
Doctor's Visit Fee: Php 300
Folic Acid (30 capsules) : Php 307.50 (10.25 each)
Duphaston (14 tablets) : 1078 (77 each)

Comments

Popular Posts