Getting Over First Trimester


They say the first trimester of pregnancy is the most critical and also frustrating part of the whole journey and I definitely agree with this.

I had my own share of difficulties in my first trimester, it all started even before I realized I was pregnant. So we were in Korea at that time and I bought some Onigiri at 7 11 convenience store. This was my favorite snack or meal when we went to Japan so it was such a surprise when I didn't like its smell! From then on, I hated the taste and the smell of seaweed. It was safe to say that I never enjoyed any meal during our Seoul trip, in fact, I never had appetite for food even if we were walking all day long! I guess that was the reason why I had Subchorionic Hemorrhage during the first months of my pregnancy.

More severe symptoms of pregnancy came on my second and third month of pregnancy. It was during these days where I was very tired, I had to go on a nap every now and then, thank God I was allowed to work from home all week by my boss so I could go to sleep whenever I wanted. Suddenly, I dislike using the computer or the laptop so I was very unproductive the entire Christmas and New Year vacation!

Then, I had been having nausea too and everything smelled extremely awful! Even my husband smells bad, his hair gel, his body soap, even his newly tooth-brushed breathe! During Christmas, I had to stay inside the room because the kitchen was busy and I could throw up any minute if I smell anything that is being cooked!

Going out of the house was very dragging too! I don't want to take a bath for some reasons, I skipped one day always so I take a shower every other day. I felt really bad about that.

I didn't crave for anything though and I was not eating well too but I had been burping and my stomach felt full, I was bloated and I kept burping every now and then. I also had been going to the comfort room to pee almost every now and then too!

Actually, I could deal with everything except the nausea and the multiple times that I had puked. Throwing up was the worse part of the pregnancy and I hated that part, there was even a time when I started crying because I don't like to throw up so I didn't want to eat anything.

Aside from those, I had been advised not to take long stairs, not to carry heavy stuff and to always rest which was very different from the life that I had been having before the pregnancy. But the fact that I am having my first baby soon makes all the difficulties seem easy.

Thank God I am feeling better now that I am on my second trimester. The nausea is now fading, I have some smell issues but not that extreme anymore. I still feel bloated but I guess that is normal. I am mostly alive the entire day now as well! I could work for five straight hours already!

So, if you are pregnant and on your first trimester and all these symptoms are also happening to you, don't worry, you are not alone! I know how hard it is and I know you can also do it! Just think about your baby and pray that God will sustain you. In fact, during those days, my only prayer was for God to sustain me through each day without vomiting or feeling really bad. Thank God, He answers prayers!

Comments

Popular Posts