I Heard My Baby's Heartbeat for the First Time!

Our third visit to the OB was delayed for a four days due to my OB rushing to an emergency CS operation in a hospital far from her clinic. So, instead of Friday, January 17, we met on Tuesday, that was yesterday instead.

I had my laboratory results with me and she gladly told me all of my tests showed good results. The tests were VDRL/RPR, TSH, FT4 and FBS. While all of them sounds foreign to me, I was glad it only required blood samples. But since FBS requires me to have an 8 hour fasting, I decided to take it on the next day so we had to return to Cebu Puericulture and Maternity House (CPMH) for that.

Doc Honey asked me to lie in bed and she brought out a doppler and after putting on some gel, placed it in my tummy, a little lower part revealed my baby's heartbeat! It was a fast beat and I can't helped but be happy hearing it!

My husband who was also in the same room confirmed he can hear the heart beat too! And the doctor said my baby's heartbeat is 160 bpm! I somehow want to buy a doppler myself so I can monitor my baby's heart rate too! The past few days, I was already thinking of getting an ultrasound so I'd know how the baby's doing within me.

So, she said the baby's heart rate is normal, my tummy size was also normal which I really thought was not because I felt bloated the past few weeks and she recommended I continue to take my vitamins and milk. Plus she also recommended that I take a DHA capsule to help my baby's brain development.

We also discussed which hospital will I be giving birth and her professional fees as well. I really appreciate that Doc Honey is very accommodating and honest in giving these data. At least we know how much to prepare.

Our next visit will be by February 18. She requested that I also bring the medical records from my abdominal ectopic pregnancy operation from two years ago so she'd know what were the procedures performed and she can determine if I could give birth normally or if I really need a CS operation.

How about you? What did you feel when you first heard your baby's heart beat?

Fees:

Laboratories:
  • VDEL/RPR : Php 265
  • TSH and FT4 : Php 1975
  • FBS : Php 170
Doctor's Visit Fee: Php 300
Folic Acid (Foremia 30 pcs) : Php 300

Comments

Popular Posts