How to Avoid Stretchmarks During Pregnancy?


Watching Mommy Vlogs on Youtube had made me realize that there's one thing that I have to also consider while being pregnant and that's how to avoid or at least lessen STRETCHMARKS!

Oh boy, I have seen a video log of a specific mommy from Manila who had so many stretchmarks and scratches all over her tummy. There were also comments stating how they can relate to her and I really admire this mommy for sharing bravely her photos!

That made me realize that some mommies who had gone through PPD might have been frustrated due to the changes on their bodies and even the tiring part of taking care of an infant.

I then begin to think if I could even handle it! As a first time mom who's at her 30's and who had already a slice on my tummy due to the ectopic pregnancy I had, I can't help but suddenly felt the urge to do something about this.

So I searched online and stumbled upon this product called Tummy Butter for stretch marks from Palmer's. It has this coca butter formula and said to have Vitamin E in it.

It claims to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks during and after pregnancy or in weight loss. It is free of Parabens and Phthalates and is dermatologist approved.

As for its directions, the label tells it should be applied three times a day or as often as needed in areas which are stretchmarks prone. This should be applied in circular motion too!

It is even recommended that for better results, the Palmer's massage lotion for stretch marks be applied as well all over the body.

So, I purchased one on Shopee although I realized, Watsons have these items available too! I waited for less than a week though for it to arrive and yesterday, I was able to use it.

First Impressions

Good thing the seller packed it well. I see only one dent on the cover but it was negligible. I was expecting it to be big and heavy but when it was just 125 grams though and the container is made of plastic.

I'm glad I liked the cocoa butter smell, I am on my 13th week of pregnancy and so my hyper sensitive smell is now fading. The texture was also buttery however, it was a little hard to take from container. I had to push my finger a bit so I can scoop some out.

As per the instructions, I tested this on my inner forearm. It says I should wait for 48 hours but there seem to be no irritation or rash on the area so I didn't wait for 48 hours though. I used it the next day immediately.

They say it is more effective if the product is used early on during the pregnancy. So I am hoping that this would help me avoid too many stretchmarks.

I'll update this blog soon about the results, of course that would be after six months! Also, I think I will buy the other lotion since it is recommended.

How about you? Are you using any anti stretchmark lotions or oils? Let me know what products are you using.

Comments

Popular Posts