Choosing Baby Names is Far Tougher Than I Thought!


I never thought that choosing our first baby's name could be this hard. I mean, on my first trimester, I thought it would be a piece of cake so I will just think about it once I am about to labor but last night, during our weekly Bible study, the group talked about the baby's names and I realized, I never really have anything in mind!

Most of the moms in the group are already sure of their baby's names way before their due date and there I was, sitting and thinking, why am I not doing something about this?

So, today morning, I immediately opened all the websites I could check on and got my hands into creating a name for our soon baby girl or baby boy!

Since we don't know the gender just yet, we have to come up with two names. James said he wanted Nathaneal or such but I thought it doesn't fit well. What I wanted was a European or Hebrew name on the first name and then a more modern one on the second or third name but of course, the meaning should be something related to a dream and gift from God because of course, we had gone to a heartbreaking loss before and we believe this one is a really gift from the heaven . So I searched all over and found these websites:



After a lot of filtering, scrolling, mix and matching, James and I thought this would be a fitting name for our baby:


  • Johan Aislinn Mattie/Myrtle - this is if the baby's a girl
  • Johan Athan Mattih - if the baby's a boy

Johan means God is gracious ; Aislinn means a dream or vision ; an inspiration and Mattie or Mattih is a European name which I liked and this is also a name of a photographer/videographer that we both follow. Athan is a short term for Nathaneal which means gift from God. I also considered Myrtle which is the equivalent of the name Hadassah in the Bible, the Jewish Queen Esther's Hebrew name.

So basically, James got what he wants and I too got what I wanted. I love that his or her nickname would be an acronym of the three names which is JAM, short for James.

Alright! We got a name, now we just need to know if its a boy or a girl! My colleagues had offered to prepare the gender reveal next month so we are all excited!

How do you like it? Do you have any name to add or suggest?

Comments

Popular Posts