Tips in Traveling While Pregnant!


Last week, our family traveled to two spots in Bohol for our February birthday celebrations. It was a fun two day and one night trip. I was already 17 weeks when we had this outing and I just want to share some of the things that I learned while traveling as a pregnant woman.

This is not the first travel I had whilst pregnant. In fact, before I had my positive pregnancy test, my husband and I were in Seoul, Korea. I was walking for hours, carrying a backpack and was enduring the cold winter weather! So this recent trip was an easy one compared to that in Korea.

Anyway, here are some tips for those traveling just locally which doesn't involve flying:

1. Plan your trip well.

It was fortunate that during our travel, I was the one who planned everything, from our time of departure to our scheduled check in and preparations. We were with senior citizens, children and adults so I decided to inform everyone involved during the trip of their own assignments too like for the vehicle, the food preparations, the money matters and the rest.

On the day of the trip, I didn't have any issue with calling out the persons assigned as they did their own roles and everything was smooth.

So planning the trip and delegating it would help to have a smooth trip!

2. Don't forget your prenatal vitamins and pack a medical backup!

Don't let the excitement of traveling get in the way of bringing with you your prenatal vitamins. Some trips are short, others are longer so make sure you bring enough or more which is better to ensure that you won't be rushing to any pharmacy while traveling.

But aside from prenatal vitamins, it is also very important to pack medical items which you might need just in case while traveling.

3. Pick the best seat possible and move around.

Being pregnant gives us many advantages such as being a priority when in line for tickets and for checking in. I definitely love this perk most especially when we are in malls and other public places.

And it doesn't hurt to ask for the best seat place when checking in for boarding a fastcraft or even the bus.

As for my end, the family was also very kind to let me choose my own seat space during our trip. We rented a self drive van and I seated just behind the driver, this seat was very comfortable, with enough leg space and I have easy access to the door. You must consider the same when traveling too!

4. Eat healthy.

It is easy to splurge ourselves with food while traveling. It is true that we shouldn't be on a diet whilst traveling and I agree but it is important to still be aware and extra careful of the things that get into our stomach most especially that our baby is still developing.

I always shy away from raw such as the yummy ceviche and sushi. Good thing that we went to a resort which has its own farm over their backyard and all their ingredients come from there.

The entire family at Vita Isola Leisure Farm, Loon, Bohol

The best time they say to travel while pregnant is on the second trimester and I traveled when I was 17 weeks so the nausea was not anymore there although I still have a huge dislike for certain soap smells and detergents but overall, the trip was really safe and fun!

Comments

Popular Posts