Does Music Matter for Pregnancy?


One of my church mates and a member of our small group told me her sister's son is now a very clever and intelligent man at 15 years old. Her sister said she used to listen to classical music when she was pregnant of the boy.

So everyone had been suggesting that I should listen to these classical music. I am following their suggestion and I hope that would give certain effect on the baby. I started listening to these music at 15 weeks and I usually listen before going to sleep and just let Spotify shuffle play it the entire night.

One of my husband's colleagues who's also pregnant at 6 months said she also listens to music, her husband made an arrangement and she would listen to that for only 30 minutes to an hour.

That amount of time was a little shorter than what I had been doing as I kept the music playing the entire night. So, I researched and there seem to be no specific right or wrong time range for such. However, one website states that while gentle sounds, like lullabies, are designed to be soothing, unborn babies are startled by very loud or erratic noises, and too much noise may be stressful.

I do agree on this, in fact, there were multiple times that I wake up to the noise of a classical music included on the Spotify playlist so I guess the baby's sleep might also be erupted by that. From today, I will be playing these Mozart songs by only 1 hour and will see how that works.

Just in case you are wondering, here's the Spotify music that I am listening to:




Comments

Popular Posts