Obimin Made Me Sick!


Have you ever had issues after taking prenatal vitamins? I did and I really wonder if that's because of the new one that was recommended to me. Let me know if the same occurs to you or if this is just me?

After my third checkup, my obgyn advised me to take Obimin. She said, this is good for the baby as it has DHA which helps with the brain development. I happily agreed so since I would want the baby to have a developed brain and other things.

I was already past my first trimester and I know that I am feeling really better compared to the past three months. I had nausea all days and I had vomited a lot of times during my first trimester. However, as second trimester came, the nausea had faded and the vomiting stopped which was really good!

However, after a few days of taking Obimin, I started vomiting again and I didn't even feel nauseous. After an hour or two of taking that vitamin, I felt water was getting out of my gums and I started vomiting. I didn't vomit this hard while on my first trimester but boy, this time was really bad. It felt like I took out all of what I have eaten for breakfast!

This happened a couple of times so my husband shared this to his colleague seatmate who is also pregnant and is due on May. She said she is also taking Obimin but she don't have such experience. However, another colleague had the same experience as I did and she immediately ditched Obimin out of her vitamin list and that helped.

Anyway, I still have not taken it out of my daily vitamins because I still need to consult my OB about this. Let me know if you are also having the same symptoms as I do and how did you overcome this urge?

Currently, I chew bubble gum when the urge to vomit arrives, it had helped me a couple of days.

*UPDATE*

As of February 14, 2020, I totally stopped drinking Obimin and my nausea stopped too! I noticed before that after one or two hours of drinking the capsule, I would feel some water or saliva getting out of my gums and then the nausea and the urge to vomit comes next.

Today, I didn't have this feeling, praise God! I am saying bye bye to Obimin for now.

Comments

Popular Posts