Keeping a Pregnancy Journal


Keeping a journal has a lot of advantages from being able to remember certain events from a certain date, to reminiscing memories from before while reading old logged entries and a lot more. Indeed, having a pregnancy journal will not just make pregnancy even more memorable but will also allow a soon to be mom the opportunity to keep track of things that had happened along the way during the pregnancy. Aside from that, it will be a good keepsake as well when the baby grows and the mommy would want him or her to know how the pregnancy looked like.

I am already a journal type of person ever since, although when I got into the busy work life, I ended up having one but missing out on logging my journal entries. But not when I learned that I was pregnant. I recall a sermon by Pastor Mel Caparros stating that one of the ways of remembering God's deliverance in our lives is to keep them in record through a journal

I consider my pregnancy, the second one, God's provision and blessing in our lives as husband and wife, completing our family and allowing us to disciple the future baby we will have soon.

So, at the very start, I already established this pregnancy journal which my husband accidentally found out and ended up crying while writing the first five pages. He was emotional due to our past ectopic pregnancy experience and he admitted he had read it without my permission but promised not to read it again without my consent.

So, here's my pregnancy journal in a nutshell:

This is a weekly journal and it is a letter style with images and certain important items in it like dried leaf from Korea, some ultrasound photos and a lot more. I am at my 17th week journal entry and so far, I really love having this. For sure I will continue to keep one with me once the baby comes, that would be my baby journal.

Comments

Popular Posts